Security Profiles can be used to limit software access for employees as needed. Verve software has three available built-in profiles for Admin/Owners, Store Managers, and Front-end Sales-staff.
The default permission levels are explained below, but these can be modified based on your needs.
Admin profile: This security role provides complete access to all software features and data.
Manager profile: A manager can access and perform most functions, but is not able to view any data related to Profits & Costs.
Cashier profile: Cashiers have access to Sales & Inventory functions only.
Profile Customizable options – update profiles as needed:
- Show Profit & Cost: Enable this option to show Profit and Cost data to the user. By default, this option is enabled only for the Admin profile.
- Blind EOD Reconciliation: When closing registers at the End of the Day (EOD), the cash balances are hidden from view if this option is enabled. User counts and enters the cash on hand. Any discrepancy is automatically logged-in as an overage/shortage. This option is enabled by default for Managers and Cashiers.
- Switch Location: If the company has more than one location, you can easily switch to another location from within the system without having to do a complete logout. This option is available for Admin and Manager profile by default.
- Allow open invoice / partial payment: Admins and Managers can close a sale without taking complete payment. This may be necessary for “On-account” customers. All such transactions are marked as “Open” in the Sales Ledger. Default setting for Cashiers restricts them from completing a transaction without receiving full payment.
When creating a user, assign a Security Profile that is relevant for the user. In addition, you can customize the following at each user-level:
- Dashboard Access: Option to assign Executive or Sales Dashboard, or restrict it altogether.
- Price / Returns override: Enabling this option allows a user to change pricing when selling or returning an item.